International Sewing Machine Collectors' Society
If your sewing machine, accessory, or ephemera has a name on it, this is the place to start. If we don't have a listing for the name, please use the search function to see if there is any mention of it on our site.
Toy Sewing Machine Information
- ISMACS News Magazine
The International Sewing Machine Collectors' Society is the premiere sewing machine collector's group. A quarterly magazine and access to our annual sewing machine auction are but two membership benefits.
ISMACS Email Digest
Joining the Email Digest
The ISMACS Email Digest is the place to ask all your sewing machine questions. You will be greeted by the internet's finest people and your enquiries will be answered by leading experts.
- Wheeler & Wilson's D9
- ... the long and short of it ...
- The House Brothers
- James Alford House & Henry Alonzo House and their contributions to the sewing machine
- Wheeler & Wilson Number 1 in a Mirrored Bow-front Cabinet
- ... inherited 1866 Number 1 in a mirrored bowfront cabinet ...
- Mother's Help Manual
- The "Mother's Help" machine was made in Germany by Hengstenburg (later Anker) for export, primarily to the UK. It has a transverse, boat-shaped shuttle - modeled on the Singer 12 - and also takes a 12x1 needle.
- Sewing Machine Needle Cross-Reference Charts
- Kevin Pinkerton and John Langdon have kindly updated the Needle Charts.
- Soeze Manual
- Operating Manual for the Soeze (Thanks to Paul Verney for kindly sharing his manual.)
- Royal Sewing Machine Company Oddity
- This Wheeler & Wilson was really a Royal
Recent Additions to ISMACS International
ISMACS is an organization totally independent of all sewing-machine manufacturers, past or present and is not affiliated with any of the companies mentioned in these pages. Please Note: Do not contact any ISMACS official in an attempt to solicit a valuation - it is not possible other than by hands-on assessment and your request will be ignored.
All rights reserved by ISMACS INTERNATIONAL, under International and Pan American copyright conventions. Reproduction or copy of this page, in any form, in part or in whole, is strictly prohibited, without prior, written permission.