International Sewing Machine Collectors' Society
If your sewing machine, accessory, or ephemera has a name on it, this is the place to start. If we don't have a listing for the name, please use the search function to see if there is any mention of it on our site.
Toy Sewing Machine Information
- ISMACS News Magazine
The International Sewing Machine Collectors' Society is the premiere sewing machine collector's group. A quarterly magazine and access to our annual sewing machine auction are but two membership benefits.
ISMACS Email Digest
Joining the Email Digest
The ISMACS Email Digest is the place to ask all your sewing machine questions. You will be greeted by the internet's finest people and your enquiries will be answered by leading experts.
Aids to Shuttle Identification
(special thanks to Dorothy Brumleve for donating these pages)
The pages scanned below are taken from the following sources:
C.B. Barker & Co. Limited (New York: C.B. Barker & Co., 1917)
Master Catalog: Sewing Machine Parts and Supplies for All Makes of Machines (Rockford IL: Free Sewing Machine Company, 1945)
The pages may be useful in identifying shuttles which have become separated from their machines. The pictures in the books are drawn exactly to scale -- the same size as the actual shuttle and bobbin depicted. However, the size may appear different from the original on your screen or printer due to the digitizing process or resolution. When exact size is important, please refer to the ruler which was scanned at the same time as the page.
Please click on the page link to view it:
- Barker Catalog, page 9 -- Advance, American, Arlington and Alvah, Crown, Davis
- Barker Catalog, page 10 -- Davis, Domestic, Eldredge, Empire
- Barker Catalog, page 11 -- Estey, Florence, Grover & Baker, Howe
- Barker Catalog, page 12 -- Hartford, Household, Helpmate, Peerless, New Home, New York, Remington
- Barker Catalog, page 13 -- Royal St. John, Seamstress, Sterling, Singer
- Barker Catalog, page 14 -- Singer, Standard, Union, Victor
- Barker Catalog, page 15 -- Weed, White, Whitney, Wilson
- Barker Catalog, page 16 -- Multi-machine shuttle
- Barker Catalog, page 17 -- Wheeler & Wilson, Willcox & Gibbs (hooks)
- Master Catalog, page 28 -- American, Arlington, Beaver, Crown, Davis
- Master Catalog, page 29 -- Desmond, Domestic, Eldredge, Free, Goodrich, Hartford
- Master Catalog, page 30 -- Helpmate, Household, Howe, Little Worker (New Home), Marguerite, Maywood, New Willard, New Home, New Royal, New Williams
- Master Catalog, page 31 -- Paragon, Remington, Royal St. John, Singer, Standard, Union
- Master Catalog, page 32 -- Union, White
ISMACS Quick Links
ISMACS is an organization totally independent of all sewing-machine manufacturers, past or present and is not affiliated with any of the companies mentioned in these pages. Please Note: Do not contact any ISMACS official in an attempt to solicit a valuation - it is not possible other than by hands-on assessment and your request will be ignored.
All rights reserved by ISMACS INTERNATIONAL, under International and Pan American copyright conventions. Reproduction or copy of this page, in any form, in part or in whole, is strictly prohibited, without prior, written permission.