Button and Eyelet-Hole Machine
Won the Highest Premiums (Gold Medals) at the American Institute Exhibition, 1863 and 1865, and at the Exposition Universelle, Paris, 1867, for --
1. The simplicity of the Machine
2. The adjustable head for making the Buttonhole of any desired size.
3. For working on all kinds of material.
4. For perfection and rapidity of its work, having made three Button holes, one and a quarter inches long, in heavy cloth, in fifty-eight seconds.
5. For making the Button hole while the garment remains stationary, the needle moving around the hole. -- Report of the American Institute