International Sewing Machine Collectors' Society
If your sewing machine, accessory, or ephemera has a name on it, this is the place to start. If we don't have a listing for the name, please use the search function to see if there is any mention of it on our site.
Toy Sewing Machine Information
- ISMACS News Magazine
The International Sewing Machine Collectors' Society is the premiere sewing machine collector's group. A quarterly magazine and access to our annual sewing machine auction are but two membership benefits.
ISMACS Email Digest
Joining the Email Digest
The ISMACS Email Digest is the place to ask all your sewing machine questions. You will be greeted by the internet's finest people and your enquiries will be answered by leading experts.
- True Story Number 1 -- Little Betty
- He needed a present for his little sister ...
- True Story Number 2 -- Martha
- “Oh, no,” he replied, “... we're an antiques shop ...”
- True Story Number 3 -- The Idiot
- I always try to set up a little rapport with the vendor ...
- True Story Number 4 -- The True Collector
- He'd obviously not washed or shaved for days ...
- True Story Number 5 -- The People's Republic
- ... we were nearly knocked off our feet by three pit-bull terriers making an escape bid ...
- True Story Number 6 -- Coming to Visit
- ... and then he collapsed completely ...
- True Story Number 7 -- Queen Bess
- Maybe it was worth breakfast, after all ...
- True Story Number 8 -- Joe
- ... the memory of a love story that failed to bloom until an old man died ...
- True Story Number 9 -- 911
- ... My friend's husband had to display her, in one piece and not bleeding ...
- True Story Number 10 -- 800 Pound Sewing Machine
- A deal is a deal ... but he's still not getting that motorcycle!
- True Story Number 11 -- The Wake
- ... the relatives were sharing out the estate under the watchful eye of the recently departed ...
- True Story Number 12 -- The Phonograph Horn
- I don't suppose you've got any phonograph horns?
- True Story Number 13 -- The Honour of an Irishman
- I like to think of him flinching a little every time he walks past the Lion ...
- True Story Number 14 -- The Forgotten
- I hang my head in shame ... we had completely forgotten about the deal ...
- True Story Number 15 -- The Plan
- My friend and I walked away and over a cup of tea (much tea is drunk at such affairs) evolved THE PLAN...
- True Story Number 16 -- The Ring
- “Just how many cameras can the police have?”
- True Story Number 17 -- The Holdup, or The Story of ISMACS Member Number 375
- "You can't hold up a plane with an 1886 Moldacot Sewing Machine ... Can you?"
- True Story Number 18 -- A Real American Gentleman
- So, there I was, no driving license and unable to hire a car.
ISMACS is an organization totally independent of all sewing-machine manufacturers, past or present and is not affiliated with any of the companies mentioned in these pages. Please Note: Do not contact any ISMACS official in an attempt to solicit a valuation - it is not possible other than by hands-on assessment and your request will be ignored.
All rights reserved by ISMACS INTERNATIONAL, under International and Pan American copyright conventions. Reproduction or copy of this page, in any form, in part or in whole, is strictly prohibited, without prior, written permission.