International Sewing Machine Collectors' Society
If your sewing machine, accessory, or ephemera has a name on it, this is the place to start. If we don't have a listing for the name, please use the search function to see if there is any mention of it on our site.
Toy Sewing Machine Information
- ISMACS News Magazine
The International Sewing Machine Collectors' Society is the premiere sewing machine collector's group. A quarterly magazine and access to our annual sewing machine auction are but two membership benefits.
ISMACS Email Digest
Joining the Email Digest
The ISMACS Email Digest is the place to ask all your sewing machine questions. You will be greeted by the internet's finest people and your enquiries will be answered by leading experts.
- Graham's True Story Number 20 -- The Rat
- "Maggie has a dog...I call it 'The Rat'."
- A Great Diehl of Invention
- If necessity is the mother of invention, the man who "designs shuttles for Singer" could be the father....
- A Bit of Social History
- ... 58 1/2 hours over 6 days ...
- The Little Singer Building
- ...Singer had this little building on Broadway in New York...
- Hurtu Sewing Machines
- Some Hurtu History...
- The Lancashire Sewing Machine Company
- Judkins? Bradbury? Grover & Baker? What we know about the Lancashire Sewing Machine Company...
- Chimonnier, Inventor of the Sewing Machine
- This 1881 French report sets the record straight, even if the name isn't quite right.
- The Most Important Sewing Machine Find This Century
- The machine in question is a Thimonnier dating back to the 1830s built by Barthelemy Thimonnier - one of few true claimants to the title of inventor of the sewing machine.
- Sincerest form of Flattery
- ...Sellers & Allen's shameless copy of Singer's Logo...
- All Hands to the Ashtrays!
- More information on what happened to the Singer Clock Tower
- Chinese Puzzle
- The Singer-Wheeler & Wilson Chinese mystery machine. Did Singer manufacture under a different name?
- Ray's Charm & Platform
- ...vintage free arm sewing machine...
- Soapy Joe's
- ...only if it is a Condition 10, like Maggie's...
- Singer New Family
- by numbers
- Graham's True Sewing Machine Story Number 18 -- A Real American Gentleman
- So, there I was, no driving license and unable to hire a car.
- Wheeler & Wilson Special
- The Wheeler & Wilson Special published in ISMACS News Issue 106, March 2012.
- Our Scheme to Hem Him In
- Wheeler & Wilson's Support for the British War in Africa
- Notes on identifying Wheeler & Wilson 'curved needle' machines
- ... how to tell what you have ...
- A note on the Wheeler & Wilson D9 Clones
- Like all the great designs, the Wheeler & Wilson D9 was widely copied and cloned.
- Wheeler & Wilson's D9
- ... the long and short of it ...
- Wheeler & Wilson's Number 8
- James House's Number 8
- The House Brothers
- James Alford House & Henry Alonzo House and their contributions to the sewing machine
Recent Additions to ISMACS International
ISMACS Quick Links
ISMACS is an organization totally independent of all sewing-machine manufacturers, past or present and is not affiliated with any of the companies mentioned in these pages. Please Note: Do not contact any ISMACS official in an attempt to solicit a valuation - it is not possible other than by hands-on assessment and your request will be ignored.
All rights reserved by ISMACS INTERNATIONAL, under International and Pan American copyright conventions. Reproduction or copy of this page, in any form, in part or in whole, is strictly prohibited, without prior, written permission.