Recent Additions to ISMACS International
- Kimball and Morton's Pride
- I didn't think that it was the prettiest machine I had ever seen ... however, it certainly was one of the more unusual.
- Graham's True Story Number 20 -- The Rat
- "Maggie has a dog...I call it 'The Rat'."
- A Great Diehl of Invention
- If necessity is the mother of invention, the man who "designs shuttles for Singer" could be the father....
- A Bit of Social History
- ... 58 1/2 hours over 6 days ...
- The Little Singer Building
- ...Singer had this little building on Broadway in New York...
- Hurtu Sewing Machines
- Some Hurtu History...
- The Lancashire Sewing Machine Company
- Judkins? Bradbury? Grover & Baker? What we know about the Lancashire Sewing Machine Company...
- Chimonnier, Inventor of the Sewing Machine
- This 1881 French report sets the record straight, even if the name isn't quite right.
- The Most Important Sewing Machine Find This Century
- The machine in question is a Thimonnier dating back to the 1830s built by Barthelemy Thimonnier - one of few true claimants to the title of inventor of the sewing machine.
- Sincerest form of Flattery
- ...Sellers & Allen's shameless copy of Singer's Logo...
International Sewing Machine Collectors' Society
If your sewing machine, accessory, or ephemera has a name on it, this is the place to start. If we don't have a listing for the name, please use the search function to see if there is any mention of it on our site.
Toy Sewing Machines
ISMACS News Magazine
ISMACS News is the magazine of the International Sewing Machine Collectors' Society published four times a year for society members.
The International Sewing Machine Collectors' Society is the premiere sewing machine collector's group. A quarterly magazine and access to our annual sewing machine auction are but two membership benefits.
ISMACS Email Digest
Joining the Email Digest
The ISMACS Email Digest is the place to ask all your sewing machine questions. You will be greeted by the internet's finest people and your enquiries will be answered by leading experts.